Ridley Park Roofing Contractor & Vinyl Siding and Gutter Protection
You may not think about your home’s roof often, but you should at least be familiar with a roofing expert in your area. This is because you will probably need one at some point, either for repairs or unique ways to make your house stand out. If you are not familiar with the reasons that you might someday need a Ridley roofing contractor to take a look at the top of your house, you should consider a few. A roofing company is actually quite necessary at certain times, such as when you need repairs or just want to help set your home apart from others. Consider calling the professionals at Catalfano Brothers for all of your roofing needs.
Catalfano Brothers – Ridley Roofing Contractor
A professional roofing contractor is essentially someone who consents to complete a task for a charge or a specialist in the building business, whose job requires hiring workers to construct a ‘paid for’ assignment. Even though a contractor’s foremost concern is hiring capable subcontractors, at times he may also carry out some of the construction work by himself. These principles remain the same in reference to a roofing contractor.
Most Ridley roofers are highly experienced personnel. Working in such a specific industry over time enables them to learn nuances of the trade and carve a niche for themselves. Most roofing contractors have knowledge and experience of varied roofing materials. This enables them to undertake varied roofing projects over vast terrains.
Roofing is a very important aspect of ones home, which makes it all the more essential for a homeowner to find the right contractor. Roofs are exposed to the elements at all times, which makes regular maintenance a compulsion. Roof repair experts in Ridley Park may be called upon to do minor repair work or re-roofing. Clients must always remember that re-roofing is a very profitable venture for Ridley contractors, since it involves replacing an entire roof. In order to avoid this, a contractor should be called upon as soon as a minor flaw or condition is detected.
Ridley Park Roof Repairs
There are a number of residential roofing options that you can consider whether you are currently remodeling or putting up your Ridley house. They differ in the materials used and this affects the durability and the price of course. In order to choose wisely, you have to determine what your options are. Base it upon the strong and weak points of each one. Below, you will find the available options that you can look upon one by one.
• Metal roof – the metals that are mostly used in roofing are aluminum, steel and copper. This was a hit during the industrial age. Some of the most famous buildings that are made with metal roofs include Washington Monument. This option is kind of expensive but it lasts longer especially if you will be using the high quality materials. They are fire retardant and they are not that high maintenance. If you want metal roofing but you want it to be eco-friendly as well, opt for steel as it is recyclable. Most of roofing that is used today in most homes is standing-seam steel.
• Slate – you can find this material in fashionable homes most of the time. This also lasts longer compared with other materials. It can even last until more than a century. Its worst enemy includes cleavage and grains. Any of these two can split the slates into thin sheets. This alternative is very expensive. However, they will also allow you to attain a natural look. They come in a wide variety of texture and color. This may be a bit heavy and it breaks easily especially when being nailed. This makes it quite hard to install. You may consider hiring a roof contractor if you will choose this alternative.
• Cedar shingles – this is also referred to as wood shakes. This is a good roof material that is made out of western red cedar. Another alternative is spruce. Pine can also be used for wood shakes. This has a natural beauty that will provide a nice touch to your home. It will save you in buying paint especially when it is brand new. Choose cedars that are machine cut so that you will have a nice smooth finish. Cedars have either brownish or reddish color at first. When it fades, it will give you a soft grey hue. This is quite expensive though.
• Clay tile – no matter where your house is located, this will be a good roofing solution. It can endure insects such as bees and mold. This does not decay and does not burn. This will go well with houses that have architectural designs that has a touch of Italian, Spanish Mission or southwestern. However, you must not fail to remember that it can be very heavy. You might find it difficult to install. You really need to provide additional materials that will provide further support into it so that the weight can always be supported. In addition, it is quite expensive to install.
• Asphalt shingle – this is also one of the most common materials used both in personal and commercial purposes. It is less expensive but it can last for a maximum of 30 years. It might last a bit longer if you will take care of it well. This can suit any type of home irrespective of the architectural style that your home has. Repairing it will not cause you trouble too. It is fire resistant. It comes also in many colors and textures. There are laminated shingles, which is also made up of asphalt but has better durability yet more expensive.
• Fiberglass shingle – this is a variation of shingles. There are two layers that are glued together to make it more durable. It has a base layer that is made out of glass fiber mat. This becomes waterproof when it is coated with asphalt that has mineral contents. This is another alternative for asbestos fortification. Newer designs of fiberglass shingle are referred to as laminated shingles. This lasts about 70 years provided that it is properly taken care of. It helps allow the owner to achieve a varied if not personalized look
Ridley Park Siding
There are many types of house siding that could be used for new homes and remodeled homes.
- One of which is wood siding. Wood siding is the common type used in most homes since it is the cheapest and readily available product. It has long life span and uses different types of wood materials. Top woods use for wood siding are pine, fir and various other materials. Popular today are cedar shingles or rougher looking shakes which gives warmth and class in a house.
- Another popular type of siding is vinyl siding. Vinyl siding’s shape come from the traditional wooden siding style. Most of this type of siding looks like clapboard or ship-lap. It can also be installed to get a cedar shingles look.
- Although not really considered a type of house siding, bricks are not structural and look good and homey with the earth and chimney feel. Free exterior coverings could be achieved by using combination of half brick and half vinyl siding.
Benefits of various materials
Good thing about using wood siding is its aesthetic however it requires high maintenance of staining or painting every few years.
Being trouble free, cheap and long life span are the reasons why vinyl became a popular choice for house owners looking for best siding type. Also, vinyl could be installed by the homeowners themselves as it does not require specialized knowledge on how installation is done. Strong points of bricks are it last forever and won’t break like vinyl. It also cost less when it comes to installation.
Reasons to replace or repair siding
After many years, older siding need to be repaired or replaced completely with new product. It is recommended to use brick if the location of the house is near a golf course or areas that have frequent impact. Bricks are also a good choice in areas with high snow drifts or much rain. For those aiming to spend less money and inclined to high maintenance, vinyl is the best siding type. People who want to achieve a traditional charm and homey image, wood siding is the answer.
There are many house siding options to choose from when it comes to siding. Just remember to pick the best option as it will play a very important roll in the appearance and security of a home.
If you need a Roofing Contractor in Ridley Park or Gutters, Siding or Window Repairs in Ridley Park, PA please call us at 215-884-1266 or fill out our online request form.
What Ridley Park Homeowners Are Saying About Us
Catalfano Brothers appreciates your feedback. Please give us more time to collect your reviews and they will be displayed below.